The Art of Voice|
| " Being versatile is a good thing, so I can voice anything from Soft to Edgy. Some talents are known for their 'signature' style sound. "
BIO Steve Harris began voicing radio and television commercials as a young on-air radio talent. While working in radio as an on-air personality, Mr. Harris began voicing a wide range of commercials and station promos and ID's. This has led to his becoming frequently booked by advertising agency as a freelance voice-talent in markets such as Harrisburg, Baltimore and ultimately New York City.
A long tenure contract with WPIX-FM brought Mr. Harris back home to his native New York City in June of 1982 and soon after, he became a talent player in the number one and most competitive working voice over market in the world: New York City. Mr. Harris thrived in this market, booking national television and radio voice over spots as both a voice and on camera talent.
Mr. Harris began his twenty-six year voice over and television instruction career in 1984, at New York's Westwinds Learning Center. In June of 1993, after nine years of instructing voice over workshop at Westwinds and subsequently the Discovery Learning Center, Mr. Harris became an adjunct
professor at New York's prestigious School of Visual Arts, where he is
a current faculty member.
Mr. Harris has trained numerous high profile performers, such as:
- Lisa Brescia, principal performer in the Broadway production of "AIDA"
- "RENT" performers Carla Bianco and Darryl Ordell
- Broadway performers Camille Brown and Alvin Crawford, both currently appearing in The Broadway production of "THE LION KING"
- Veteran Motion picture and television actor, Nestor Serrano, of the 2004 motion picture feature release "Day After Tomorrow" and numerous television shows including "Law and Order" & "24"
- New York actress, Lisa Ortiz, well known for her multiple voice characterizations in the popular Japanimation series "SLAYERS"
- New York Actor, Barney Fitzpatrick, a commercial veteran television on camera talent
- Alona Bach, voice talent in "Clifford the Big Red Dog"